Congratulations on taking the first step to living a better life with convenient online counseling!
- Angie Kelly, PhD, NCC, LPC
- Hello and welcome. Life is constantly changing, and I know from personal experience that change can be difficult even when it would be helpful. My focus is on supporting and empowering clients so they can manage whatever issues are keeping them from living the life they want. I’m interested in working with individuals and couples to help them manage relationships, mental health, physical wellness, and career goals.
- I received a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of Alabama, a doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from University of the Cumberlands, and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Alabama. I came to counseling after working various other creative professional jobs, so I am especially well versed in helping clients with career or employment issues. I understand that sometimes helpful coping behaviors can become harmful, and change can be difficult to visualize while managing day-to-day issues. My goal is to provide support and assistance to help clients envision the action steps needed to reach a better future. I look forward to working with you!
- Angie uses a type of cognitive behavioral therapy, Reality Therapy, with an integrative approach, taking all aspects of a person’s life into account to identify issues and areas of concern that can be addressed to promote a happier, healthier life. Angie uses personality assessments (MBTI & Big 5) to help clients understand themselves and other people better to facilitate more harmonious relationships. Choice Theory and effective communication strategies are taught to empower clients in taking action to manage their lives effectively to find everyday happiness.
What is “Online Therapy”?
- One of the most common obstacles to seeing a therapist is scheduling. Online Therapy makes working with a therapist accessible to anyone with a busy schedule. No travel time or traffic. Online counseling services allow clients to stay where they are—at the office, at a hotel, or in the comfort of their own home.
- Simply find a comfortable place then using your laptop or smartphone, log in to a secure video conference with your therapist. Your issues or concerns can be just as effectively addressed online as they could in person. Affordable convenient online therapy is as close as a few clicks! Please fill out the contact form to request your FREE 15-minute consultation today.
How it works
You will receive an email with a link to a private and secure video chat room to use at the time of your appointment. Once we’ve connected online, our session will begin exactly like an in-person session.
I only accept Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance which requires a diagnosis. Private pay is common and can be easily paid with a credit card on the Thera-link platform.
· By appointment only
· 6 days a week – typically 9am-6pm